Thursday, December 8, 2011

Update to the present, part 2 - so what do we do now??

Bringing Kimber home was so exciting, but so scary at the same time!  I think all of us immediately felt better once we got home though....just being back in our comfort zone and out of the hospital.  Our parents have been wonderful and so helpful, stopping by every day.  It is so fun watching our parents become grandparents and seeing how much they love Kimber.  It's amazing, and I never get tired of seeing them interact with her.

The last three months of our lives have definitely been an adventure.  There are so many characteristics from Kimber being in the womb that have manifested themselves into our lives.  For example, I remember when I was pregnant, I'd usually wake up between 4 and 5 to go to the bathroom and tell Clayton how active she was at that time of the morning.  She'd be going to town kicking me at 4:30 in the morning.  She's still up at that time, and ready to play.  More recently, we've had discussions (I'm sure she understands) about night-night time versus playtime.  :))  The other main thing is her little personality.  I told my friends and family several times when I was pregnant that she was sassy and very strong.  I could just tell....weird, but it's so true.  Most people that hold Kimber comment on how strong she is.  And, you only have to be around her for a few minutes to catch at glimpse of that sassiness.

I'll try to catch you guys up with some pictures, then post again with some stories...

1 month old

bath time!! 


Wildcat outfit for daddy's football games

First football game.  Homecoming, and Angleton won!  10/14/11



                                                    2 months

I absolutely love mornings.  My mom told me that would be the sweetest most precious time with a baby, and she was so right.  It's the reason I'm late for work EVERY day.  But, I just want every minute with her.  Being a working mom is hard!!  There's alot to balance, and work doesn't seem to have the same priority.....at 5 I want to rush home to her and can't wait to see her!!!!

Here's my favorite picture so far that I snapped one morning before I picked her up:

No comments:

Post a Comment