Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas pictures and a HEISMAN!

Last Saturday was an eventful one in the Stewart household. :))  As I mentioned before, Kimber's 3 month pictures produced no smiles, nor did we have an opportunity to put her in a Christmas outfit.  So, I was determined to get some for the Christmas card, at the very least.  I decided I'd put a black fleece blanket over Kimber's boppy lounger and then set her on it.  I got her all dressed and ready in her adorable Christmas outfit then grabbed my camera ready to snap away on my smiley baby.  However, my camera apparently wasn't charged.  So, what does one do when they have a happy and adorably dressed baby ready to pose?  I grabbed my iPhone, and started snapping!  I was worried if I didn't get any of her happy, I might not get any.  You never know with a baby, and I needed to get everything done Saturday because we're already SUPER behind on Christmas cards.  But, that's how it is when your husband is a football coach and the team is in the playoffs.  He was never home before dark, much less in enough time for me to attempt to fix my hair (which is a RARE occasion these days).

I think what I got turned out great!  The iPhone4 definitely earned some additional value in my book..it takes great pictures and helped me out in a bind!!!! 





I had to include the last one because it's hilarious.  :))  Kimber was actually perfect and didn't cry until the very end.  I couldn't have asked for anything more from her.  I got at least 150 pictures!  After Kimber's impromptu photo shoot, we got all gussied up (meaning I washed, dried & straightened my hair) and headed to our friends the Schwank's house for our family Christmas card picture.   Lindsey has a really nice camera, so we posed by one of the lakes in our neighborhood (which also happens to be in Lindsey's backyard).  Unfortunately, Ranger was left off of the Christmas card last year, so we made sure to include him this year.  However, it was no easy task getting a newborn and a dog to look at the camera at the same time!  Lindsey was great though...she kept snapping away, whether we were ready or not, under the assumption that she'd capture everyone looking at some point, which she did.  Shockingly, I loved our pictures.  I have to admit I didn't have much faith that we'd get Ranger set, Kimber looking at the camera and not crying, and Clayton smiling a genuine smile, but we got all three!  Kimber was a pro - perfect again.  Maybe I need to have a little more faith in her.  heehee





The final event was Saturday night - a HEISMAN trophy for BAYLOR UNIVERSITY'S Robert Griffin III.  What an awesome accomplishment for a fine young man, and wonderful recognition for our university.  I'm so proud to be a Baylor Bear.  The highlight of Baylor football in my college career was October 30, 2004 when we beat Texas A&M in overtime and rushed the field.  But, what a long way the program has come.  I'm betting people don't leave at halftime anymore!!  The Bears had such a great season and I'm looking forward to seeing the Alamo Bowl.  I wish I could talk Clayton into going, but that may be difficult with our new addition this year.  Either way, I won't miss a minute of the action!!  Sic 'Em Bears!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment