Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ugly Sweater Party

This past Saturday, Clayton and I were invited to an ugly sweater party.  From the very beginning, I wanted to make shirts - you know, like our mothers did back in the day with the snowman made out of puff paint.  Didn't everyone have one of those?  I did.  Anyway, we went to Wal Mart Friday night to buy supplies, and Clayton sort of took the reigns with his idea for what he wanted to do, so I decided to just match his. 

I have to say, Clayton's shirt is for adult eyes only, as it contains some anatomy not normally shown on a snowman.  But, we had a BLAST making our shirts on our first Saturday with nothing to do since basically July.  It's nice to have Clayton home....we missed him.  Of course, I snapped some pics of the preparations and of course the finished product.

before picture....matching gluing stations set up in the kitchen  :))


Clayton's sweater - side view heehee

full frontal (no pun intended) of Clayton's sweater
Hat: oreos
Eyes/Mouth/Buttons:  M&M's
Nose/other unidentified anatomy: Carrot
Arms: real twigs we got out of the backyard

My sweater.  I gave her some anatomy too, made of a Hershey's kiss on top of a Reese's peanut butter cup
My sweater also had some flair - glittery stars, a belt, and a sash.


Us at the party.  Clayton got 4th.  I submit that's partly because we were outside on the patio while people were tallying votes.  Either way, the sweaters were a hit, we had a great time making them, and had a blast at the party!!  We will of course be on a quest for something even funnier next year.  :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment