Friday, February 17, 2012

She fills our lives with sunshine

My what a difference 5 months makes. My mother-in-law always told me 5 months was the magic number, but I wasn't sure it would apply to me. Don't get me wrong - Kimber has always been precious, but she is so much fun right now. Kimber has the sweetest spirit and is so happy all the time. It is so much fun listening to her giggle, hearing her squeals of delight, and seeing her beautiful smile! She's changing constantly - seems like one day she can't do something and then all of a sudden the next day, she does it with no struggle at all!! Craziness. Haha.

Bath time is a real adventure. The minute her feet hit the water, she's kicking with all the gusto she can muster. That pretty much continues the entire time. Suffice it to say, she's difficult to bathe alone. That leads me to the next thing - WOW this is a busy time of year. I'm swamped at work with the overlap of audit and tax season. Clayton is starting baseball tournament season and is rarely home before 7 on a regular day. Game days are super long (thus the reason I've been practicing bathing squirmy pants alone). I'm rushing into town somewhere between 6:15 and 6:45 and it's nonstop playing, cuddling and loving with Kimber until she goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. Who has time for dinner???? Again, I knew it would be this way, but I guess I'm surprised how long and crazy the days are. Of course the sweetest part of any day is the time I get to spend with Kimber or Clayton or BOTH!

To add to the madness, I've been doing a bootcamp to get back in shape. I started in November and did the December session as well - then proceeded to eat my way through the holiday season (that's what you're supposed to do, right?). Anyway, on January 2, we started a 60 day challenge in bootcamp and I'm proud to say I've lost 23 pounds since then. I still have a ways to go seeing as how I was well above where I wanted to be when I got pregnant, but it feels good to be on my way. I'm trying to stay motivated! Getting up at 5:00am 3 days a week isn't the most fun thing I've ever done, but it's worth it to be to feel good about myself and be a healthy mom!!

I guess that's about all I need to report. Kimber is sleeping through the night regularly now, with only the occasional glitch. It's wonderful. Guess I'm technically no longer sleep deprived which means I can no longer use that as excuse when I do something stupid! Lol.

Here are some pics I took of Baby K today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment