Monday, January 23, 2012

Little Miss Chatterbox



We have a talker on our hands, folks.  Well, for now it's just adorable babbles, but seriously, this girl LOVES the sound of her own voice.  heehee

Gosh I feel like Kimber changes daily.  I sat down to write this post and I can't believe how much she's changed since Jan. 10 - and that was only 13 days ago!  For instance, she's SUPER close to rolling over from her back to her tummy.  She has already rolled from her tummy to her back (non-parents bear with me, these are exciting things to a new mommy).  She has tried a few foods, and LOVES to eat.  Shocker.  Not really.  I have a suspicion about where she gets that from.  So far, she's had oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and squash.  I'm introducing all vegetables first, since fruits are so sweet and delish to babies and I'm sure she'll like them.  I want her to like veggies too.  We're still moving pretty slow on the food though.  I only bought a teeny bit and she gets some about every other day or so.  She is getting closer to being ready though.  She seems genuinely excited about the food (that's an understatement since she tries to guide my hand with the spoon to her mouth using her own busy hands).  So, obviously, she recognizes the spoon and what's in it.  I believe her only complaint would be that I don't get the spoon to her mouth fast enough!!! 

Clayton starts baseball season this Friday, so I'll be losing some time with my helper and we will both miss him.  But, I intend to spend plenty of time at the baseball field.  Kimber loves to be outside so I know she will enjoy it and she's a complete flirt, so I'm sure there are some people up there she can charm.  The spring is a hard time for Clayton and I - we are both SO busy this time of year.  I remember this time last year when I was pregnant wondering how the heck we thought we were going to manage the spring with a baby.  Now, we're about to find out.  Parenthood = baptism by fire.  Kimber has been going down for bed pretty early, so maybe I'll be able to schedule some "work from home" time after she's asleep.  Right now, we're so excited about the thought of sleep that it's a race to see who can brush teeth and get in bed the fastest.  And......not trying to count chickens before they hatch, BUT the last two nights, someone tiny who shall remain nameless has slept THROUGH the night.  I'm convinced it's a fluke, but the two nights of sleep were nice.  :))  I've found that if we catch her at just the right time, before the overtired state hits, she goes right down and sleeps longer.  I've started reading a book called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child".  Can't tell you the author since I downloaded it on the iPad.  But, so far, it's pretty good.  Mind you, I'm still in the introduction because THAT'S how much time I have to read. :)  But, I wouldn't have it any other way.  This is such a fun age.  Kimber notices so much and is reaching for people and things and of course, putting ANYTHING and everything into her mouth - HANDWASHING is key......

I wish I could recall anything else going on in my life, but it's consumed with only one perfect, tiny, adorable thing.  :))  Here are some pics:

Girl loves to eat

The post-eating face. :))  We go straight to the bathtub

This is one of several videos I have of Kimber trying to roll over.  Every time she looks like she's going to, I grab my phone and turn on the video recorder, determined to capture the first time.  I'm sure that won't happen, but here's the best attempt we've seen. 

On another note, we do clothe our child.  But, she really likes to just chill in her diaper, so I indulge her every now and then - especially when she's eating because that's a mess anyway.  heehee

There, I added a picture to prove she does wear clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment