Tuesday, January 10, 2012

An anniversary and some shots

Probably not the anniversary or the shots you were thinking.  First, today is the one year anniversary of the day I found out I was pregnant, aka, the day that changed our lives FOREVER.  Well actually that could've been the day Kimber was conceived, but Jan 10 was the day we actually knew our lives would change. :))  It's strange thinking about how our lives actually have changed since that day.  What a difference a year makes!

Kimber had her 4 month well-baby visit today.  What a difference 2 months makes!!  haha  Instead of crying the whole time, she was her usual charming self, and charmed the doctor and all the nurses.  Her official stats are:  weight: 15 lbs, 6.5 oz (75%) and height: 25 inches (75%).  I won't lie, I'm surprised she's only in the 75th percentile for height.  Given her parents, you'd think she'd be off the charts.  Either way, she's perfectly adorable and I can't wait to see how she grows and changes.  Some deets from her appointment - first off, they said she can now have solid foods??????  I guess I had in my mind that was more at the 6 month mark or so.  But, to my shock, they gave me a list of fruits and veggies she can have.  Sheesh.  Isn't she still a newborn?  I have excitement mixed with panic at how fast this is all going.  I'm not going to start her just yet.  I think I'm going to wait at least a few weeks until she's better at eating cereal with a spoon.  Don't want to hold her back, but wow, I just wasn't ready for that.  Secondly - the doctor was going to do a "head control" test so he grabbed Kimber's hands to pull her up to a sitting position.  He started counting to 3 and on 2, she lifted her head up and set her feet down.  He was taken back to say the least.  I was of course very proud at my little 4 month old impressing the doctor.  haha.  She's obviously very physically advanced.  I say that with no bias at all. ;)  Then of course, my least favorite part, she got her 4 month shots.  I hate seeing her cry.  :((  All in all, we had a great visit and Kimber is handling her shots much better this time.  She less fussy.  Maybe a little reserved tonight, but otherwise, she's raring to go.   

Clayton is going to baseball coaching school this week so I'll have Kimber to myself for 2 nights.  I sure will miss his help.  He's one super star daddy, especially in the middle of the night.  We'll see what adventures the two of us can get into while he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment