Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gorda

I am so terrible about blogging. No excuses, although there are plenty, I'm just not good at keeping up here. So, I am even thinking I should just skip the whole run down of the last however long and the OMG my life has changed so much. I will just try to do better....again..... So, let's talk about Tealle, who is affectionately known as Gorda. :) How did she get that name? Well, the girl loves her groceries. Becky, Tealle's wonderful nanny and the reason for my sanity, has a son named Emilio that she sometimes refers to as "Gordo". I did take three years of high school spanish, so I mentioned to her that perhaps Tealle was a "Gorda". It's an affectionate nickname in both cases. It's just the spanish version of "the girl who sure does like her groceries" haha. Tealle's birth weight was 7 lbs 12 oz - similiar to Kimber, who was 7 lbs 1 oz. Tealle has always seemed bigger, more plump. :) At 4 month checkup, they were still right in line with each other, with Tealle retaining her 11 oz "lead" over Kimber. 6 month checkup wasn't much different either. I will have to get all of their papers in front of me, just to do a comparison at some point. BUT, let me get to the point. Tealle's 9 month checkup. I did actually blog about Kimber's 12 month checkup and noted that she was 21 pounds, 3 oz and 30 inches tall, wearing size 3 diapers and was true to size in clothes, wearing a 12 month at the time. (If I knew how to link the post I would, but I don't know how and it's sad). This morning, I took my 9 month old, wearing a 12 month shirt that showed her round belly and some 18 month jeggings to the doctor for her 9 MONTH checkup. :) She is 22 pounds, 1 ounce and 29.75 inches long/tall. In other words, she's part baby, part offensive lineman. I mean, the girl is huge and so dang cute you just want to pinch that little round belly. She's such a sweet little girl. She's pulling up on EVERYTHING and has been, pretty much even before she could crawl. But, she's crawling good too. She has great balance and babbles up a storm. She likes to be held (who doesnt'), loves to clap, and she's a great sleeper. Not sure how I managed to have a 2 year old who still wakes up once during the night most nights and then a little one who's been sleeping all night like a rock since she was 5 months old. She made her own schedule. We tried and tried to get Kimber on a schedule for months and Tealle just did it herself. She turns into a pumpkin at 8:00 sharp, sometimes earlier. And, Heaven help you if you are somewhere at that time. The dam breaks, and she's no longer easy going. I think that's fair. Also, we aren't fools. Someone is home with Tealle by 7:30. We don't push her limits. It isn't pretty. She's serious about her sleep and about her meals. Everything else is just details and she's very laid back. Last week, Tealle was sick, and I mean SICK, with some nasty diarrhea stomach bug. Somehow, until now, I had managed to shield my kids from any type of stomach sickness, but Tealle got it. She was a total trooper though. Drank her "smoothie" several times a day and never complained. "smoothie" = equal parts water and Pedialyte, mixed with rice cereal and sometiimes strawberry flavored acetaminophen for fever. I was pretty proud of the concoction. BUT, I am very glad we are past that now. It's scary having a little one so sick looking and feeling bad. If you had told me four years ago that I would drive 90 miles per hour home from work to pick up a sick child's diarrhea sample and rush it back to the hospital lab to be tested within an hour, I would have been mortified. Now, it's just part of the job. There's nothing I wouldn't do for those babies. Sometimes, well, actually most of the time, it's completely exhausting. This morning, I tried to start my car with my granola bar. But, it's also funny. I just tell people I have 2 kids 2 and under, and they expect the worst so if I do actually remember something or appear to be decently pulled together, people are pleasantly surprised. With that said, let's not forget that looks are deceiving. I think I sweated through my work clothes at least once, usually more, every day last week. Dang Gulf Coast humidity, and a consequence of a sick baby, a 2 year old, a full time job, oh and of course football season :) I've worn out more pairs of black peep toe heels than I care to count. I've carried a sick 22 month old into the doctor, hospital, up the stairs in those heels. I've carried a crying 2 year old a city block to school and back in those heels. Wouldn't trade it. It just helps to justify the Macy's bill that comes in the mail. Since I started this post October 1 and I am just now finishing it (15 days later) I think I will sign off for now. My internet explorer at work is not jiving with blogger lately, so this post will be ugly I'm thinking, but I will post pics when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment