Monday, November 5, 2012

FALLing in love with the third trimester!

It's been far too long since I've posted, which is pretty much the standard, so I'm sure no one is surprised.  A lot of things have changed since my last post, mainly the size of my belly.  So, we'll start with the recap on Baby Stew # 2.  Officially, I am 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  Sidenote: I had to stop writing that sentence to eat a fun size twix bar at my desk.  Hello third trimester!  This pregnancy has flown by.  I attribute that to time spent chasing the busiest 14 month old I've ever seen (I haven't seen THAT many, but she IS extremely busy) instead of time spent checking the pregnancy trackers to see how far along I am.  Anyway,  things have not slowed down at all in the Stewart house.  Clayton is still in the midst of football season and going strong.  The Wildcats are winning and of course, officially, already in the playoffs, so the madness shall continue at least one more week after this one.  There are several things that are slightly different about this pregnancy than what I remember from being pregnant with Kimber.  You might ask, can you really remember your first pregnancy?  The answer to that is, yes, of course.  When you have 2 babies in 2 years, you haven't forgotten much yet.  :) 
1. My back hurts.  haha.  I don't remember this with Kimber.  Key to this symptom: I also wasn't carrying a 22-ish pound 14 month old Kimber around when I was pregnant the first time.  Mystery solved.
2. I actually resemble a basketball rather than a watermelon.  With Kimber, I was just BIG all over.  I'm definitely still big and feeling even bigger (if that's possible), but my belly definitely has a different shape, even though the two babies are the same sex.  Interesting. 
3. I have NO BRAIN CELLS.  There are always comments and things you read that say you become forgetful during pregnancy.  I did not have that with Kimber at all.  I thought I was clearly just very alert and on top of my game I guess.  Not so with this time.  I can't remember ANYTHING.  I'm always good with names and numbers.  No clue.  It's horrible.  I've never forgotten Kimber, but I've forgotten everything else.  I do an okay job of keeping it all together, but don't ask my my mom's social security number or a client's name.  I have no clue.  It's strange.  I also constantly have that feeling that I've forgotten something.  You know the feeling.  The fun part is, that I have the nagging feeling, but I may NEVER know why or what it is I forgot because it never comes to me.  I just think, well when it blows up in my face, I'll remember.  Until then, I'm blissfully  unaware. 
4. I THINK I have more energy.  I think that's because I have to.  Anyone who has had a toddler can vouch for this.  There is NO DOWNTIME at all.  ever.  ever. ever.  Except when she's sleeping and you somehow need to clean up the house, do the dishes, work, or just take half a second to actually SIT DOWN.  This could also be related to the fact that at this stage in my pregnancy with Kimber, it was like 1,000 degrees outside and who wants to do anything when it's that hot?  Not saying it's cool or anything outside yet, but it's not summer, which is a definite improvement.
5. This little sister in my tummy is a MOVER.  I felt it much earlier, which I think it pretty standard with a second baby.  But, she moves pretty much all day.  I feel it much more than I remember with Kimber.  I'm able to successfully freak out the single guys I work with because it looks like there's a little alien in my tummy.  Hilarious. 
6. I'm sure there are other things but see #3.  I can't remember them even if I wanted to post them.

Okay, let's see.  Now an update on my little wigglebug, Kimber.  She is SUCH a character.  She turned 14 months this past Friday (Nov 2).  She amazes me every day with how much she picks up.  There is truly something new she does every day that she didn't do the day before.  Yesterday, I dropped her off at Clayton's mom's for a bit and she told me "Bye Mama".  That's a sentence people.  It was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.  This morning, she picked up my bracelet and said "Pretty Mama".  Smart as a whip (unbiased opinion).  Along with the 14 month-ish mark came the discovery of throwing a fit when we don't get our way or are told "no".  This is not fun.  Not sure I can make any other comment than that.  It leads the parent to wonder where the sweet angel-child went.  Kimber is getting better.  She doesn't know who she's messing with in the battle of wills.  Or maybe she does.  The child is so much like me it's scary.  Ah, the joys of parenthood.  We still love every minute.

Over the past week or so, Kimber has started "dancing".  It's too cute.  I took a video last night.  She has never hammed it up for the camera (yet) but I think she was fascinated with the light on it.  Too cute, even though I didn't capture much "dancing".



Kimber is still a good eater and is communicating her wishes pretty well.  She tried her first PB&J last week and loved it.  She absolutely loves fruit of any kind.  Her love for vegetables from younger stages seems to have faded, but I'm sure it will all change again.  And, as long as she's eating fruit, I'm good with it.  She still loves pickles and loves to have one from the concession stand at the football game.  That's a tactic I save and then use (occasionally) during later stages of a Friday night football game to ward off the I'm sleepy fit stage or the I'm restless and will crawl around the stands and bother people in front of  us stage.  :))

I guess that about sums up life in the Stewart household these days.  Kimber was a bumble bee for Halloween and charmed everyone with her black and yellow tutu and bumble bee leg warmers.  She was a little afraid of her wings, but adapted well.  I've included some recent pics below.  I love this time of year and the excitement of looking forward to the holidays and times with friends and family.  9 weeks to go to prepare for the arrival of our newest and I haven't even ordered a crib yet.  I need to get on it.  The guest room is finally showing signs of being cleaned out, so I have to get to work.  It's all fun!  I can't wait for Kimber to see Christmas lights and the tree and all that goes with the joy of the season.  I'm betting our tree looks rather interesting this year.....decorations at the top and empty on the bottom??? 

Hope all is well with all of you!!! 

Author's note:  After I finished typing this blog post, I went searching in my purse and found the yogurt I brought with me this morning to have for a snack.  It's been in there about 3 hours.  I'm telling you:  no brain cells.  It's scary.  Don't worry, the yogurt is now in the fridge. 

Author's note #2:
7.  (from above) HUNGRIER!  (I remembered another one.  I'd be impressed with myself except I forgot about my yogurt.  See note above.)

Playing at Grammy's house.  She looks so long here.  Growing so fast! :(

A rare moment posing for me.  She loves to walk around on the couch.
 


The pickle eater :))

Homecoming (the anniversary of her first ever attended football game)

Looking at ducks at the fair with Koko

A pig!
 
 Cutest bumble bee ever!


Hanging out in her golf cart chauffer (for the parade in our hood)

No comments:

Post a Comment